Connecting to Eduroam
The wireless network at UK universities & colleges is called eduroam. To connect to eduroam you will need to provide your username and password. However, when typing in your username add the text @pembrokeshire.ac.uk – this will allow you to connect at Pembrokeshire College but if you visit another university or college your PC will automatically connect to eduroam there too!
To connect to eduroam follow the steps below.
- Tap the Applications button, then select Settings.
- Select Wireless and Networks from the list
- In the next menu, select Wi-Fi settings
- The device will scan for wireless services, and detect eduroam. Select it.
- Make sure that EAP method is set to PEAP
- Set Phase-2 authentication to MSCHAPV2
- Enter your username followed by @pembrokeshire.ac.uk in the Identity box, and your password in the Password box. Then select Connect.
- The status will change to Connected and the wireless icon will appear in the status bar at the top.