Setting Up your Chromebook and Connecting to Eduroam
At College, setting up a Chromebook effectively means connecting it to eduroam, since one of the first steps you take when setting up a Chromebook is to connect it to a wireless network.
Connecting to Eduroam
- Switch on your Chromebook
- Select your language and keyboard language from the top two menus
- In the third menu select eduroam
- In EAP method select PEAP
- In Phase 2 authentication select MSCHAPv2
- Leave Server CA certificate as Default
- In Identity specify your username
- In Password type in your College password
- Leave Anonymous identity blank
- Ensure the Save identity and password option is checked and click the Connect button
- Once the Continue button becomes enabled, click it.
You are now connected to the eduroam wireless network.
Using the Trackpad
You now need to follow the instructions on screen to learn how to use your trackpad. This is worth doing as task four (step 5) is very new.
- Click the Go button
- First click the Chrome logo
- Press with two fingers to right-click the logo
- Scroll with two finers on the trackpad to scroll the logo up and down
- Use two fingers to drag the logo
Using the Chromebook
The Chromebook is based on the Chrome browser to which you can add Chrome apps
- Click Visit the Web Store
- You can now add free Chrome Apps to your browser.